New Gadflies mean new perspectives, and maybe even new issues discussed. The New Paltz Gadfly needs a diversity of bloggers in order to properly question all sides of issues relating to this community.
As a reminder, the basic standards for becoming a Gadfly are as follows:
- Decent command of written English.
- Ability to focus on an issue, rather than individuals.
- Disagree with me about something of interest (lest I inadvertently recruit a bunch of yes-bloggers.)
- Willingness to blog under your real name.
- Desire to blog about issues affecting New Paltz.
- Not being a jerk.
- Basic technical knowledge: if you have never commented here because you can't figure out how, then posting will only be more frustrating for all of us. Letters to the editor may be your best course of action (and more people will read them anyway).