It's time for this blog to find a way to allow people who don't prefer writing to express gadflyish views.
So, we're having a contest to design a banner for the New Paltz Gadfly. Here are the rules:
- The banner should be appropriately sized to look good replacing the text at the top of the page. I can't give you the specifics, which is one of the reasons why we're having a contest in the first place.
- The graphic should include "New Paltz Gadfly" in it.
- Don't include anything that will become dated quickly, such as the names or images of current elected officials. Try to make a design that will make as much sense in ten years as it does now.
- If you submit a design, you agree to allow your submission to be used on, and elsewhere for the promotion of, this blog.
- Entries will be posted without entrant names so that readers may comment. Anonymous comments won't be permitted on those posts.
- The winner's name and entry will be announced after the contest ends. The names of the other entrants will be added to their entries at this time, if and only if they agree.
- Contest entries must be emailed in png, gif, or jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30, 2009.
Acclamation, acclamation, and more acclamation. If you have an idea for a prize that you would want, send it along with the entry. If it's doable, your prize may just be the prize, even if you don't win!